2 DAY MASTERCLASS IN INFANT MENTAL HEALTH
KILKENNY 16-17 OCTOBER 2017
Keeping the Baby in Mind: Bridging the Gap between Theory and Practice in Infant Mental Health
This is a 2 Day Programme for practitioners who have developed a familiarity regarding the practice of infant mental health and now wish to develop their clinical skills to consolidate their practice.
“Today, we are in possession of a vast scientific treasure, a treasure that should be returned to babies and their families as a gift from science” (Fraiberg, 1980)
Learning Objectives include:
- Understand the science of early development and its contribution to frontline practice
- Consolidate understanding of the importance of the baby’s early caregiving relationships and the role of the surrounding environment
- Recognise what promotes, supports and challenges the baby-caregiver relationships during pre-, peri- and post-natal periods and up to the three year developmental period
- Strengthen knowledge base regarding the developmental tasks of attachment and emotional regulation during the infant and toddler stages of development
- Translate and Integrate Infant Mental Health principles (IMH) into practice
- Establish frameworks for IMH Reflection and Reflective Practive Supervision
Catherine Maguire is a Senior Clinical Psychologist and Infant Mental Health Specialist & Clinical Mentor IMH-E®(IV) with 21 years experience in Child and Family Psychology Services. She completed her infant mental health training and endorsement with the Michigan Association for Infant Mental Health. Her clinical specialisation includes the development and establishment of infant mental health service frameworks and building workforce capacity. Her current work is focussed on the integration of infant mental health strategies into frontline service delivery .
Mairéad Carolan is a Senior Clinical Psychologist with over 26 years experience in mental health services. She has a particular interest and experience in working with mothers with post-natal depression and anxiety. Her area of specialisation is in the interface between Infant Mental Health and Adult Mental Health. She has been a member of the North Cork Infant Mental Health Network for over 10 years.
Places can be booked via EventBrite
Should you require further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org