I-AIMH’s membership has been steadily increasing since it was established in 2009. Members come from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines, and comprise of clinical practitioners and early service providers throughout Ireland linked to statutory and non-statutory agencies. I-AIMH aims to provide support to those working with babies, toddlers and their families and as an organisation we recognise the importance of giving attention to the baby, the parent, and the early developing parent-child relationship.
The Executive Committee’s (EC) members each serve a minimum of two years. The current EC members are:
- Ella Lovett (President)
- Audrey Lonergan (President-Elect)
- Maria Price (Secretary)
- Hazel Murphy (Training & Professional Development Officer)
- Dorit Deering (Treasurer)
- Ciara McCarthy (Membership Secretary)
- Catherine Maguire (Past President), Marie Mac Sweeney (Past President), Sharon Byrne, Grace Murphy, Helen Byrne, Jeananne Garavan (Ordinary Committee Members)
The EC meets every 2 months. Its functions include planning and progressing the organisation’s goals and strategies. Current work also includes the organisation of educational events, dissemination of articles/information, fundraising, establishing the organisation’s charitable status. All work is undertaken on a voluntary basis.
Some members are involved in establishing and supporting Infant Mental Health Network Groups around the country. These network groups are multidisciplinary, educational, and supportive, and primarily use a model of reflective practice.
Network groups are currently meeting in:
- 2 in Mallow, Cork
- Fermoy in North Cork
- Bessboro, Cork
- Cork University Maternity Hospital
- 2 in Young Knocknaheeny, Cork
- Clonmel in Co. Tipperary
- Kilkenny/ Carlow
- Ballymun (Young Ballymun), Dublin
- Tallaght West (CDI), Dublin
- Coolock/ Darndale (Preparing for Life), Dublin
- Finglas (Better Finglas), Dublin
- Bray (SPECS), Co. Wicklow
New networks are constantly popping up all over the country following attendance at one of out Infant Mental Health Masterclasses, so keep an eye on this page for updates!
Irish Association for Infant Mental Health clg
Charity (Auth) No: 19200
Company Reg: 538019
Directors: Marie McSweeney, Ella Lovett